Sunday, June 21, 2009

Where are the updates???

I know that my faithful readers have no doubt been wondering about the lack of updates. The only excuse I can offer is that I've been trying to catch up on David Simon's excellent HBO show, "The Wire." I recently watched seasons two, three, and four and I must say that it is hands down the most intelligent, engrossing, and truly excellent show I've ever followed. For those of you who don't know the show's premise, it follows dozens of characters in Baltimore, Maryland, from small time drug dealers to convicted criminals to cops to city officials, and explores issues of crime, poverty, and urban destitution in a city that is for the most part far removed from the American Dream. It's a significant investment of time but I can't recommend this show enough. It's absolutely fantastic.

Film reviews will be reappearing shortly. I hope.

2 comments:

Murf said...

It's about time, John!! Actually, I've heard the same thing about "The Wire." I'll have to check it out myself.

JDM said...

Do check it out. It's a show that is fawned over non-stop but it really does deserve the praise and then some.