Friday, July 4, 2008

Dispatches from the Fantasia Film Festival

My favorite festival of all festivals, the Fantasia film festival, has officially kicked off and tonight I had the pleasure of watching the first two films of what will most likely be several I will watch in the next few weeks. Fantasia was originally a film festival dedicated to genre films--mostly horror and fantasy with a special emphasis on Asian films, thus the name--but has since evolved into a showcase for numerous genres of films from all corners of the globe and is held each year at the downtown campus of my beloved Concordia University in Montreal. I always enjoy Fantasia and the opportunity to see limited release films on the big screen is something I look forward to. During the course of this year's edition of the festival, I will be posting biased and unashamedly slanted views on the films I have watched, starting with tonight's films, "Genius Party" and "The Pye Dog." I hope both my readers enjoy the festival coverage!

No comments: